- Ontario, 2003
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Osgoode Hall Law School (2002)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), University of Toronto (1999)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
Sam Sandhu is a lawyer at the First Canadian Place office in Toronto. He joined Aviva Trial Lawyers in February of 2015. Prior to this, he practiced for over ten years at the insurance defence litigation firms of Strathy & Isaacs LLP and Zuber & Company LLP. His areas of practice include property damage, occupier’s liability, personal injury, and product liability law. Sam regularly appears as counsel before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and has worked on various jury trials and tribunal hearings.
- Conducted a two-and-a-half week Ontario Superior Court jury trial as lead counsel in November of 2016 (Parmar v. Beach, 2016 ONSC 7782). This was a personal injury trial involving numerous expert and lay witnesses. Obtained a successful jury verdict that came in at less than the plaintiff’s Rule 49 offer to settle.
- Conducted a WSIAT (Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal) hearing as first chair on April 4, 2013. The decision is reported on WSIAT’s webpage: http://wsiat.on.ca/Decisions/2013/624%2013.pdf
- Conducted a WSIAT (Workplace Safety and Insurance Appeals Tribunal) hearing as first chair on December 6, 2012. The decision is reported on WSIAT’s webpage: http://wsiat.on.ca/Decisions/2012/2364%2012.pdf
Sam is an avid tennis player and long-distance runner and participates in several related sporting events in the GTA. He is also a movie-buff and regularly attends and participates in various TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) events.