4800 – 100 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario, M5X 2A2
- Law Society of Ontario 1990
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall Law School 1988
- B.A., York University 1985
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Toronto Lawyers Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates Society
Ken Gerry is Senior Counsel at the Toronto office having joined Aviva Trial Lawyers in 2022. Prior to this he was a partner at an insurance defence firm, where he practiced for over 32 years. Ken obtained his BA from York University in 1985 and his LLB from Osgoode Hall Law School in 1988. Ken has also obtained a certificate in Mediating Disputes from the Harvard Law School Program on Negotiation. His area of practice is insurance defence with a focus on property losses, construction related disputes, product liability and commercial matters. He also has experience in subrogation, defence of personal injury claims and coverage disputes. Ken has done trials in the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, and he has appeared before the Ontario Court of Appeal. He is a member of the Toronto lawyers Association, Canadian Bar Association and The Advocates Society.
- Family and Children’s Services of Lanark, Leeds and Grenville v Co-operators General Insurance Company,  ONCA 1519 (CanLII)
- Le v Consumers Gas Co,  O.J. No 265 (Ont. S.C.J.)
- Marcoccia (Litigation Guardian of) v Co-operators General Insurance Company,  O.J. No.1894 (Ont. Crt. Gen. Div.)
Ken enjoys cycling, skiing, and hiking. He likes music of various genres and tries to get out often to see concerts, preferably at small venues. Ken also enjoys spending time with friends and family, especially when travel and sharing good food and wine are involved.