Jonathan R. Tatner
4800 – 100 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario, M5X 2A2
- Ontario, 2013
- Quebec, 2008
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) (Common Law), Université de Montréal (2012)
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.) (Civil Law), Université de Montréal (2007)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) (History and Political Science), McGill University (2004)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Barreau du Québec
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
Jonathan Tatner is a senior litigation lawyer working out of the downtown Toronto office. He joined Aviva Trial Lawyers (ATL) in 2021. Jonathan’s practice focuses on civil litigation in the areas of bodily injury, occupiers’ liability, property damage, commercial liability, and product liability.
Prior to joining ATL, Jonathan practiced insurance defence litigation at Bell Temple LLP in Toronto for 6 years. Jonathan’s career experience also includes civil and commercial litigation at a law firm in Montreal handling matters relating to contracts, property, wills and estates, defamation, and intellectual property.
Jonathan has trial, tribunal hearing, and arbitration experience, and he appears before the Courts of Ontario. He is licensed to practice law in both Ontario and Quebec, and he is fluent in both official languages.
- Barclay v. Ontario Gymnastics, April 11, 2022 (ON SC, Jury Trial) (Occupiers’ Liability) (The defendant successfully had the claim dismissed)
- JC v. Western Assurance Company, 2019 CanLII 94031 (ON LAT)
- 16-003709/AABS v. Unifund Assurance Company, 2018 CanLII 2302 (ON LAT)
- World Dask Holdings (WDH) Ltd. c. Company Quartermaster Services Ltd., 2011 QCCS 4260 (CanLII)
- Assaad c. Antonacci, 2010 QCCQ 12862 (CanLII)
Jonathan is an avid runner (including several marathons) and has a passion for music (playing guitar and piano), tennis, cycling, travel, and quality time with family and friends.