- Ontario, 2008
- LL.B., University of Windsor (2007)
- B.A. (Hons), University of Toronto (2004)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
John is a senior counsel in Toronto having joined Aviva Trial Lawyers in 2018. Prior to this he worked in both plaintiff and defence firms. His practice involves a broad scope of insurance law including motor vehicle accident, fraud, occupier’s liability, product liability, commercial general liability, subrogation, and coverage.
John received his bachelor’s degree from the University of Toronto in 2004. He went on to obtain his LLB from the University of Windsor in 2007 and was called to the bar in 2008. John has significant trial experience both as first and second chair with juries and without and has appeared at every level of trial court in Ontario.
John is a member of Canadian Defence lawyers and was the 2018 recipient of the Richard B. Lindsay exceptional young lawyer award.
- Pinder v. Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company (Lindsay), 2019 ONSC 610
- Pinder v. Farmers’ Mutual Insurance Company (Lindsay), 2018 ONSC 2910
- Gendron v. Thompson Fuels, 2018 ONSC 2079
- Crittenden v. Ultramar, 2018 ONSC 644
- Gendron v. Thompson Fuels, 2017 ONSC 6856
- Amorim v. Beluhoff, 2017 ONSC 4860
- Brown v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.,  O.F.S.C.D. No. 156
- Qasimi v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.,  O.F.S.C.D. No. 303
- Trilokie v. Lasenby, 2015 ONSC 6376
- Padula v. State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.,  O.F.S.C.D. No. 185
- Durling v. Sunrise Propane Energy Group Inc.,  O.J. No. 5806
- Kernohan v. York (Regional Municipality),  O.J. No. 886
- Marosszeky v. L’Arche Daybreak,  O.J. No. 5184
John loves the outdoors and spends most weekends in cottage country on the beach or the lake or the ski hill with his wife and kids. When he’s not outside he’s reading or speaking about public policy and being a bit wonky.