Senior Practice Counsel
110 - 237 Brownlow Avenue.
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, B3B 2C7
- Nova Scotia 1997
- New Brunswick 2012
- British Columbia 1995 (not currently a member)
- Bachelor of Arts (Joint Honours) McGill University 1991
- Bachelor of Law University of British Columbia 1994
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Nova Scotia Barristers Society
- New Brunswick Law Society
- Legal representative Capital District Health Authority Research Ethics Board
- Lawyers Insurance Association of Nova Scotia Claims Review Committee member
- Canadian Defence Lawyers
Dionysia (Dennise) Mack is a Senior Practice Counsel at the Dartmouth office. She joined Aviva Trial Lawyers in 2003. Prior to this, she spent several years working at Stewart McKelvey in Halifax, and Harper Grey Easton in Vancouver. She also spent a year clerking at the British Columbia Court of Appeal. Her areas of practice include all aspects of insurance litigation, including coverage opinions, automobile liability, accident benefits, occupiers’ liability, professional liability, personal property losses, commercial property, and commercial liability. Dennise has appeared before all levels of court in Nova Scotia, including a number of appeals.
Dennise taught Civil Trial Practice at Dalhousie University Law School from 1998 to 2001. Dennise has been actively involved as a legal representative with the Capital District Health Authority Research Ethics Board, and is a member of the Claims Review Committee for the Lawyer’s Insurance Association of Nova Scotia.
- MacCallum v. Gamache,  NSJ No. 208
- Langille v. Bernier,  NSJ No. 577
- Kerr v. Kerr,  NSJ No. 63
- Browning v. Halifax Condominium Corp No. 6,  NSJ No. 380
- Simpson Estate v. Cox,  NSJ No. 133, affirmed  NSJ No. 449
- Marche v. Halifax Insurance Co.,  SCJ No. 7
- Marche v. Halifax Insurance Co.,  NSJ No 121
- Marche v. Halifax Insurance Co.,  NSJ No. 157
Dennise is fluent in English, French and Greek. She enjoys being active in her community and spending time with her husband and three daughters. In her spare time, she plays second violin with the Adult Orchestra at the Maritime Conservatory.