- Ontario, 2006
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), University of Windsor (2005)
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours (Hons. B.A.), York University (2002), magna cum laude
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- The Advocates’ Society, (2006-present)
- Managing Editor, Windsor Review of Legal & Social Issues, 2005
- University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, Newton Rowell Entrance Scholarship, 2002
- York University, Dean’s Honour Roll, Faculty of Arts Graduating Class, 2002
Catherine Koch is the national Matter Management Counsel and manages the quality of all legal work performed within Aviva Trial Lawyers. She conducts qualitative file matter reviews, identifying and reporting on best practices, trends and strategies. She is part of the Aviva Trial Lawyers leadership team, recommending solutions with a view to improving departmental performance. Catherine is actively involved in lawyer recruitment and also manages the Aviva Trial Lawyers student program. Prior to joining Aviva in 2014 as Litigation Counsel, Catherine worked at a boutique insurance defence firm in Toronto for approximately 7 years, practicing exclusively in the area of insurance defence litigation. She continued in this capacity until she assumed her current role in May 2016. Catherine is also a member of The Advocates’ Society and participated in the In House Counsel Task Force.
Catherine’s interests include pilates, travel and spending time with her family.