National Quality Counsel
4800 – 100 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario, M5X 2A2
- Ontario, 2006
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), University of Windsor (2005)
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours (Hons. B.A.), York University (2002), magna cum laude
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- The Advocates’ Society, (2006-present)
- Managing Editor, Windsor Review of Legal & Social Issues, 2005
- University of Windsor, Faculty of Law, Newton Rowell Entrance Scholarship, 2002
- York University, Dean’s Honour Roll, Faculty of Arts Graduating Class, 2002
Catherine Koch is the National Quality Counsel at Aviva Trial Lawyers. She leads the Quality team and manages the quality of all legal work performed within the department. She conducts qualitative file reviews, makes recommendations and facilitates solutions with a view to performance. Catherine also oversees lawyer training and professional development and is the director of the Aviva Trial Lawyers student program (articling and summer). She is also actively involved in lawyer recruitment and hiring.
Prior to joining Aviva in 2014 as Litigation Counsel, Catherine worked at a boutique insurance defence firm in Toronto for approximately 7 years, practicing exclusively in the area of insurance defence litigation. She continued in this capacity until she assumed her current role in May 2016. Catherine is also a member of The Advocates’ Society and participated in the In House Counsel Task Force.
Catherine’s interests include pilates, travel and spending time with her family.