4800 – 100 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario, M5X 2A2
- Ontario, 2011
- Juris Doctor, Queen’s University, Faculty of Law (2010)
- International Exchange, University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Law (2009)
- Certificate in International Business Law, International Study Centre, Herstmonceux Castle (2008)
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours with High Distinction, University of Western Ontario (2006)
Brianne Simionati is intermediate legal counsel at the Toronto office. She joined Aviva Trial Lawyers in March 2016. Her area of practice is insurance defence with a focus in motor vehicle accidents, Occupiers’ Liability claims and property damage claims. Brianne has appeared as co-counsel on a non-jury insurance coverage action. She was also successful at a two day Small Claims Court trial wherein it was alleged her client was negligent in carrying out home repairs. Brianne has also argued numerous contested motions and has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice and Divisional Court. Some notable cases include: Duric v. Registered Insurance Brokers of Canada,  O.J. No. 5627 for which Brianne was successful in arguing the appeal. Brianne also successfully argued a motion for summary judgment and costs in 1628612 Ontario Ltd. v. Pickering  O.J. No. 5785 and  O.J. No. 5690. In addition to carrying a full file load, Brianne has presented on practice management and bring forward systems which was accredited by the Law Society of Ontario. Brianne is also actively involved with Pro Bono Law Ontario and volunteers on a regular basis at the Superior Court of Justice. She also sits on the Board of the Christie Ossington Neighbourhood Centre.
- Duric v. Registered Insurance Brokers of Canada,  O.J. No. 5627 for which Brianne was successful in arguing the appeal
- 1628612 Ontario Ltd. v. Pickering  O.J. No. 5785 and  O.J. No. 5690 for which Brianne successfully argued a motion for summary judgment and costs
Brianne enjoys travelling and keeping active with lifting weights, biking and running.