4800 – 100 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario, M5X 2A2
- Ontario, 2009
- LL.B., Osgoode Hall (2008)
- B.A., Royal Military College, Military and Strategic Studies (1996)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocate’s Society
Tom’s practice concentrates on insurance defence, including tort, AB and disputes between insurers. Tom has appeared before the Financial Services Commission of Ontario, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice, the Divisional Court, the Ontario Court of Justice, the Ontario Provincial Offenses Court, and Small Claims Court. Tom has argued private arbitrations in both priority and loss transfer.
Tom articled with the Attorney General’s office. At the Ministry of Transportation Tom was the Ministry’s prosecutor in London Ontario and conducted numerous trials and appeals. Prior to law school Tom was an Army officer with deployments in places like Bosnia and Afghanistan in a combat role.
Tom has an Honours BA in Military and Strategic Studies from the Royal Military College of Canada. Tom earned his J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School and was called to the bar in 2009. Tom is a recipient of the Canadian Forces Decoration, the South West Asia Campaign Star, The NATO Medal, and the Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal.
- Dominion v. Aviva Canada et al., 2015 ONSC 6195 (CanLII)
- Green v. Belair, A11-000765, Green v. Belair (Appeal) P15-00007
- McDonald v. State Farm 2015 ONSC 2607
- Economical v. Wawanesa (Arbitrator Samis, May 2014)
- Kim v. 260 Welsley, et al, 2013 ONSC 6831 (aff'd at Div Court)
- Intact v. TD (Arbitrator Densem, September 2013)
Tom is a proud father and an Ironman triathlete.