4800 – 100 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario, M5X 2A2
- Ontario, 2001
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (1999)
- Honours Bachelor of Arts, Brock University (1995)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Advocate’s Society
Chris Caston is a senior counsel who joined our Toronto office in October 2014. Prior to coming to Aviva he worked for 10 years in-house at TD Insurance, 2 years as an associate at McLeish Orlando, and 2 years as an associate at Lawson, McGrenere, where he articled. In the early 2000’s he was co-counsel for the Municipality of Brockton, one of the main defendants in the Walkerton class action. Chris is a civil defender with expertise in insurance law, motor vehicle liability, municipal liability, occupiers’ liability, products liability, and professional negligence. In the past, Chris also practiced extensively in accident benefits. He has worked on both jury and non-jury cases and has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court, Court of Appeal, and FSCO. He has spoken at The Oatley McLeish Guide to Motor Vehicle Litigation.
- Taylor v. Durkee, Docket M51440 (2020) (Ct. of Appeal)
- Taylor v. Durkee,  O.J. No. 865 (Div. Ct.)
- Taylor v. Durkee,  O.J. No. 6298
- Scott v. State Farm (2006 CarswellOnt 4350) (Div. Ct.)
- Scott v. State Farm (FSCO P03-00021)
- Nguyen v. TD (FSCO A04-002390)
Chris is married with two very active young boys. He is a vegetarian who loves to run and watch movies whenever he can.