- Ontario, 2001
- Bachelor of Laws, Osgoode Hall Law School (1999)
- Honours Bachelor of Arts, Brock University (1995)
Professional Accreditations and Affiliations
- Advocate’s Society
Chris Caston is a lawyer at the Toronto office. He joined Aviva Trial Lawyers in October 2014. Prior to coming to Aviva he worked for 10 years in-house at TD Insurance, about 2 years as an associate at McLeish Orlando, and 2 years as an associate at Lawson, McGrenere, where he articled. His area of practice is insurance defence with a focus in motor vehicle, occupier’s liability, and municipal liability. In the past, Chris also practiced extensively in accident benefits. Chris has worked on both jury and nonjury cases and has appeared before the Superior Court of Justice, Divisional Court, and FSCO. Notable cases include: Nguyen v. TD (FSCO A04-002390), McCusker v. Laporte (Court File # 48606/07), Scott v. State Farm (2006 CarswellOnt 4350) (Div Ct), and Scott v. State Farm (FSCO P03-0021). He has spoken at The Oatley McLeish Guide to Motor Vehicle Litigation (2003). He is also actively involved in Unionville Minor Hockey Association.
- Taylor v. Durkee (2018 ONSC 489)
- Nguyen v. TD (FSCO A04-002390)
- McCusker v. Laporte (Oshawa Court File # 48606/07)
- Scott v. State Farm (2006 CarswellOnt 4350) (Div Ct)
- Scott v. State Farm (FSCO P03-00021)
Chris is married with two very active young boys. He is a vegetarian who loves to run and watch movies whenever he can.